CJB Group 6 Step
Kitchen Design Process
Starting Your New Kitchen Design
Let’s get started on your new kitchen today.
Whether you are a homeowner or contractor, we are here to help every step of the way.
A great kitchen begins with a great plan. CJB Group will guide you through every detail necessary to create the kitchen of your dreams. All kitchen designs are created by our professional design staff and are specific to your space and desires. We do not use a “one-size-fits-all” format. Our beautiful cabinets can accommodate all price ranges and are built to order. These features will give you a custom, one-of-a-kind kitchen.
Call (781) 350-5910 today to schedule an appointment to get the process started.
Step 1: Planning
• Gather Information - Browse online and through magazines to create a kitchen idea portfolio. Add pictures of cabinets, countertops, hardware, fixtures, storage options, and colors that interest you. The more detail in your idea portfolio the easier it is for us to help you.
• Budget - Discuss and establish a price range that you would like your project to stay within. This is important for our design team to know so we can help you choose cabinets, countertops, and design features that fit your needs.
• Schedule Your Home Visit - Call to schedule a home visit with a CJB Designer (781) 350-5910
Step 2: Home Visit
• Learning – CJB Designers want to learn about your vision for your new kitchen. We will review your kitchen idea portfolio and ask questions about styles and features that you would like to incorporate in your new space.
• About Us – We will give you a brief overview of CJB Group, the benefits of working with our company, and review our process so you understand what to expect as we move forward.
• Project Cost – Once we have a general understanding of your project, we will discuss material and labor costs of similar jobs that we have done to determine if your wish list fits into your price range.
• Field Measure – We will take an accurate measure of your existing space to be sure your new design fits perfectly.
• Showroom Appointment - Before we leave your home, we will schedule your design viewing appointment in our showroom. This will usually be one week after your home visit.
Step 3: Design Viewing & Material Options
• Design Viewing - Your showroom visit begins with viewing your new kitchen design. Seeing floor plans, top views, and perspectives will give you an idea of what your new space can look like. We encourage feedback on the details that you love and the areas that you would like to improve. Note: All designs are retained by CJB Group Kitchens unless the design is purchased.
• Material Options & Cost Estimates - There are several factors to consider when choosing the perfect cabinets and countertops. We will explain your options and present cost estimates on products that you have requested along with ones we believe fit your style and budget.
• Moving Forward - Our home visit, initial design, and cost estimates are performed at no cost or obligation. If you feel confident in what we can do, we will move forward to our final design & material selection step.
Step 4: Final Design & Material Selections
• Design Agreement - Our final design & materials selection step begins with a signed design agreement and deposit. This allows us to release a copy of the initial kitchen design to you to share with contractors, family, and friends. The design deposit is $1,875 and will be applied to any cabinet or countertop purchase within 6 months. This is non refundable.
• Final Design - We will meet with you as many times as it takes to make certain your kitchen design exceeds your expectations and each cabinet is equipped exactly as desired. Detailed floor plans, and elevations will be generated once the final design concept is completed.
• Material Selections – You are welcome to take cabinet and countertop samples home to make sure you chose the perfect cabinets, countertops, and hardware that fit your style and meet your budget.
Step 5: Material Purchase, Production, and Delivery
• Order Materials - Once final designs and products are approved, materials are ordered. Manufacturers require a 50% deposit to order materials and the remaining balance is due when the materials arrive in our warehouse. Once again 100% of your design deposit will be applied to your purchase.
• Production - Our beautiful cabinets are built to order in 3 to 8 weeks. Quartz and Granite Countertops usually take 1 to 2 weeks between template and installation.
• Material Delivery - We will message you to set up a convenient time for delivery. Our drivers will call you the night before with a 2-hour window. We will bring the products into your house and place them in the rooms that you desire.
Step 6: Installation
• Cabinets - CJB Designer’s will meet your installer or contractor to review your kitchen design and answer any questions regarding the installation.
• Countertops - CJB Designer’s will meet at the jobsite for countertop template and installation to assure that all details are covered.